Friday, December 24, 2010

The weight of the flesh

Sometimes I have the most wonderful spiritually edifying dreams.  I'll have dreams where demons will attack or people will be sick or dying and I'll just shake-off my fleshly nature and step out in the Spirit and start rebuking the devil in the name of Jesus and they HAVE to flee.  Or I'll start laying hands on people and praying for them in the name of Jesus and they will recover.  My favorite is when I start preaching in those dreams.  I have the exact thing to say to bring people to a saving, life changing knowledge of Jesus Christ, Scripture just flows from me like a river.  I absolutely LOVE dreams like that.  It gives me a small glimpse of what it will be like someday, either when Jesus is all we have to be able to exist anymore, or when we are totally free from this carnal prison and in Heaven.

John 1:1-5
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

That's talking about my Jesus, the Word made flesh.  In the beginning, Jesus was not shackled by a human body.  He took that on to come down to our level, to relate to us, to lead us to a saving God.  We however, God breathed life into our mortal bodies and this flesh is all we have ever known.  This Christmas season I am reflecting on what that really means that Jesus put on flesh for us.  Can you imagine, someone who had only known living in the Spirit to be bound by flesh for a season?  What a sacrifice!  What a gift! 

Some who may be reading this may not have a clue what I'm talking about, maybe the only faith you have is in your religion and tradition, and the "spiritual" laws that man has bound you to.  Let me challenge you today to reach out to the Jesus of the Bible, I promise you He is already reaching back.  Cast off the traditions of men and the fetters of religion and start a relationship with a risen Savior!

(for more information on this Jesus of whom I speak, please e-mail me at snicola1556@charter.net or visit http://www.new-testament-church.org/ for great Biblical teaching!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SPIRITUALLY HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND WISE NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!

2 comments: